Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: General questions on Bluetooth connection to iPhone

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sequoia Woman View Post
    --if I don't forget the device on the tv interface device is it still working. Just wondering if I'm away from wifi- would it use my data? I didn't ask it very clearly - sorry. I guess the bottom line is a thing in the Bluetooth hearing aids increasing my data usage? Thanks again.
    I'm not sure if this is the question you are asking??
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

Blog Entries

It wouldn't use your data because it has no connection to it. The TV is broadcasting locally. If you walk out of its range, you are just losing a local connection. You can verify this by turning off your data in settings. It will continue to function as it did with data.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the question you are asking??
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    Hi pvc! No I do realize that. I was just wondering if I'm on Cellular out in town say, is there anything in my HAs that is using my data through the iPhone? Something in the background that the HAs are running using the phone. Thanks

Blog Entries

If you have a favorite option, it will use data to display a small map. If you are concerned about data loss, it can happen with any app. You can go to setting to disable data. Then there will be no data used.

I have a pay for minutes/data plan (Tracphone) and I am guessing that's similar to what you have. I keep the data turned off almost all of the time. I only turn it on when I need it and wifi isn't available.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare