Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does the VA work for Hearing Aids?

1. Default

I heard back from my VSO. I have to prove that my loss is service connected. She suggested that I obtain my medical records from my time in service. When I looked online for that, it doesn't look like they are available. I did read that I should apply to the VA and they would get the records. But that isn't what the VSO said.

You got the correct information.

So what did you do in the service?

The New Jersey/New York VA Health Care Network (visn2.va.gov) states "hearing aids are not customarily provided to non-service connected veterans. However if there is a medical reason, a VA physician can refer a non-service connected veteran for a hearing evaluation."
    R 50 50 55 55 60 80 90 90
    L 40 40 45 50 55 60 85.85

Dude pay attention... since he was not actually in RVN he doesn't qualify for VA healthcare unless he can get a disability rating.

If he could get into the healthcare system if he needs aids he would get them if the loss was service connected or not!
    Last edited by Doc Jake; 06-14-2017 at 07:40 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    You got the correct information.

So what did you do in the service?
    At Fort Bliss I photographed missile tests. In Germany, Provided communications support for a missile battery. In Germany, they told us that in case of war, after two minutes, they considered us dead and wrote us off.

After I get my DD214, I am going to try to get an appointment with the VA in Birmingham and see if they can get my medical records for me. I seem to remember that when I got out, they said that all my records were lost. I know I got paid for leave that I wasn't entitled to.