Thread: Programming Phonak Audeo Smart

Default Programming Phonak Audeo Smart

Hello,

Well... the dog ate my left Phonak Audeo Smart 3. I've had them for 6-7 years now and they have performed flawlessly. I would like to replace the chewed up left and saw people selling them on Ebay. Does anyone know if the higher up models such as the 5 and 9 are compatible with the 3 model? My audiologist wants a $500 adoption fee to program it and said that I needed the serial number and then they would contact Phonak to do this. Some of the ebay sellers say they will program for free if I send them my profile.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
    Don
    704-213-6236
    Don
    Phonak Smart III
    Hz..250..500...1K...1.5K...2K....4K....8K
    L.....20....10...10....50.....60....60....70
    R.....20....15...10....55.....65....65....60

I don't think there's much value in what you're proposing. You're still going to end up with old hearing aids that even though they have performed great up to now, are likely to start having issues. Although Costco is a couple of hours away, you can get a new, fully guaranteed pair of hearing aids for less than $1700 and if features in others appeal, still under $3000. Although the drive to Costco is a pain, I think you're "easy to please" and I don't think you'd need constant trips to get them adjusted just right. On the other hand, you've been happy with pretty basic hearing aids, you could ask the local audiologist what a new pair of basic aids would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by dondeziner View Post
    Hello,

Well... the dog ate my left Phonak Audeo Smart 3. I've had them for 6-7 years now and they have performed flawlessly. I would like to replace the chewed up left and saw people selling them on Ebay. Does anyone know if the higher up models such as the 5 and 9 are compatible with the 3 model? My audiologist wants a $500 adoption fee to program it and said that I needed the serial number and then they would contact Phonak to do this. Some of the ebay sellers say they will program for free if I send them my profile.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
    Don
    704-213-6236
    - - - Updated - - -

I don't think there's much value in what you're proposing. You're still going to end up with old hearing aids that even though they have performed great up to now, are likely to start having issues. Although Costco is a couple of hours away, you can get a new, fully guaranteed pair of hearing aids for less than $1700 and if features in others appeal, still under $3000. Although the drive to Costco is a pain, I think you're "easy to please" and I don't think you'd need constant trips to get them adjusted just right.

Quote Originally Posted by dondeziner View Post
    Hello,

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
    Don
    704-213-6236
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40