Thread: What does it mean when Phonak doesn't have my serial numbers?

1. Default What does it mean when Phonak doesn't have my serial numbers?

I bought a pair of Audeo V90's off eBay and when I put the serials into Target to check warranty information, one comes back as not on file, to call customer service. Obviously, I am not going to call customer service, but is that a thing? Not having a serial number on file? The aid seems to work alright. I did an initial fitting that seems to have the problems I have always had with HAs, a lot of noises that annoy me, but not a lot of improvement of my actual hearing. I am going to try some other, different settings to see if they help. I have come to realize that I will have to make a pretty major accommodation if I am going to be wearing aids.

I'm only guessing regarding the serial number, but maybe it was a hearing aid reported lost or stolen? Also, are you sure you entered the serial number correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by John Green View Post
    I bought a pair of Audeo V90's off eBay and when I put the serials into Target to check warranty information, one comes back as not on file, to call customer service. Obviously, I am not going to call customer service, but is that a thing? Not having a serial number on file? The aid seems to work alright. I did an initial fitting that seems to have the problems I have always had with HAs, a lot of noises that annoy me, but not a lot of improvement of my actual hearing. I am going to try some other, different settings to see if they help. I have come to realize that I will have to make a pretty major accommodation if I am going to be wearing aids.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

eBay.. You're on your own😕

Bet if you call them and give them your name and address they will send you new ones😀
    Last edited by Doc Jake; 06-16-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Green View Post
    Could be lost, stolen or a demo model, not to be sold. Perhaps you need to contact who ever you bought them from on Ebay.
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

-250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25

What lead you to believe they would have a warranty?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    What lead you to believe they would have a warranty?
    The year they were made. The one that has no record was made in 2015. The warranty on the other one expired in April of this year. I don't really expect any kind of support from Phonak, I was just interested to see what came back when I entered the serials. After I read them, I checked again thinking that I might have mistaken a number 0 for the letter O. I had not. Get the same thing. I could try to contact the seller, but I kind of doubt that will get me anywhere. I might call Phonak just for laughs and see what they say. The aids seem to work though the left seems different from the right.