Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trax 42 longevity?

1. Default

Open the smart connect app on your phone. Go to the menu in the lower right corner, then choose "version".

2. Default

Just to update, received replacement ha for left ear and now the right one (which had already been replaced once) is sounding muted. This is the reason it was replaced a few months ago. I haven't been able to get in for an appointment, but if things go like they did a few months ago I well be sending this one back also. That will make 3 in 15 months! I'm wondering if Costco will let me try another brand but I doubt it since I'm past the year Mark. I absolutely love them when they are working and find it very hard to be without one while it is getting fixed or replaced. But 3 in 15 months is very discouraging. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries

Have you changed the wax guard to see if it is partially clogged?

Whatever the brand, your situation is outlier. Is something in your environment contributing?
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

4. Default

Great points KenP. Yes I have changed the filter and dome. And I have wondered the same thing about environment, but I work in doors in a clean environment, and I don't wear them when I do yard work or exercise. My work does have motion detection activated lights in areas that I frequent and I get that awful static that has been discussed on a different thread. But fortunately I am in and out of those areas and don't have to be exposed to that for prolonged periods of time. But I am still wondering if that has anything to do with the continued demise of my ha's. Thank you for your input though!

Costco is pretty liberal.. With 3 replacements so far I think you could easily make a case for trying a different brand.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fishface View Post
    Just to update, received replacement ha for left ear and now the right one (which had already been replaced once) is sounding muted. This is the reason it was replaced a few months ago. I haven't been able to get in for an appointment, but if things go like they did a few months ago I well be sending this one back also. That will make 3 in 15 months! I'm wondering if Costco will let me try another brand but I doubt it since I'm past the year Mark. I absolutely love them when they are working and find it very hard to be without one while it is getting fixed or replaced. But 3 in 15 months is very discouraging. Any suggestions?
    Last week I had the left one that has been previously replaced shut down on it's own and reboot. When it came back the volume was very low and it was not communicating with the right one. I shut it down for a while and it restarted fine. I wonder if I could be starting to have the same issue that you had. Talked to COSTCO and they said they would send it in for repair if it happens again. I am starting to wonder how long they will last also now.