Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phonak B-312 B50 or Signia Pure 13BT

Default Phonak B-312 B50 or Signia Pure 13BT

Hi,

I have had a set of Phonak Audeo Smart III for 5 years now. Unfortunately my sons dog ate my left one. One of the senior members suggested buying a new set vs. going the route of buying a used one or a used set on Ebay. I will take his advice and am looking into getting a new pair. My Phonak III seemed to do a good job for me but there were times when I still had some minor issues with hearing voices in a crowded or noisy environment. This was really a non-issue for me because I primarily use them at the office. I have tinnitus 24/7 which is a high pitch mostly in my left ear. I also have an IPhone.

I was looking at Phonak because I was used to the company and felt my current ones have performed well. I went online to a company called FixYourEars and spoke to one of the Customer service persons who seemed to have a lot of experience and education on hearing aids. I told him I was interested in the Phonak B50's and he asked why I was interested in that particular aid and the company. He recommended the Signia Pure 13BT for my hearing profile and said they had much better technology than the Phonaks. He said he would sell me what ever I wanted but it was in his best interest to supply me with what he thought would be the best aid for me. He also said the connectivity to my IPhone would be a plus.

Any comments on the comparison of these two and other suggestions? I bought my first pair from an Audiologist who has since moved away. Is going the online route OK and if so, any experience with this company?

Thanks for any help.
    Don
    Phonak Smart III
    Hz..250..500...1K...1.5K...2K....4K....8K
    L.....20....10...10....50.....60....60....70
    R.....20....15...10....55.....65....65....60

I've never heard of FixYourEars although they do seem to have good prices. People on the forum have most often commented on Buyhear.com and seem to have been happy. I think whether online sales is a good choice for somebody depends on how challenging it is to get your hearing aids "just right." If it's generally been pretty easy, I think online might do pretty well. If previous hearing aids were hard to fit, online might prove challenging/frustrating. Take this for what it's worth. I'm not an audiologist. My gut says that if you've been happy with Phonaks, your somewhat more likely to continue to be happy with Phonaks vs other brands. It seems like your pretty easy to please. I think the B50s would be a good choice. It doesn't sound like you have any issue using your phone. If you did, the BT streaming of the Signia 13BT could be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by dondeziner View Post
    Hi,

I have had a set of Phonak Audeo Smart III for 5 years now. Unfortunately my sons dog ate my left one. One of the senior members suggested buying a new set vs. going the route of buying a used one or a used set on Ebay. I will take his advice and am looking into getting a new pair. My Phonak III seemed to do a good job for me but there were times when I still had some minor issues with hearing voices in a crowded or noisy environment. This was really a non-issue for me because I primarily use them at the office. I have tinnitus 24/7 which is a high pitch mostly in my left ear. I also have an IPhone.

I was looking at Phonak because I was used to the company and felt my current ones have performed well. I went online to a company called FixYourEars and spoke to one of the Customer service persons who seemed to have a lot of experience and education on hearing aids. I told him I was interested in the Phonak B50's and he asked why I was interested in that particular aid and the company. He recommended the Signia Pure 13BT for my hearing profile and said they had much better technology than the Phonaks. He said he would sell me what ever I wanted but it was in his best interest to supply me with what he thought would be the best aid for me. He also said the connectivity to my IPhone would be a plus.

Any comments on the comparison of these two and other suggestions? I bought my first pair from an Audiologist who has since moved away. Is going the online route OK and if so, any experience with this company?

Thanks for any help.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dondeziner View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for any help.
    The particular hearing aid brand or model is far less important than obtaining a proper fitting from a trained and qualified hearing care professional. Online providers are not able to use best practices such as real ear measurement to evaluate and customize the hearing aid output for your individual ear canal. Having said that, you may prefer the Phonak Audéo B-312 due to the physical size; it's similar to the Audéo Smart that you're currently wearing. The Signia Pure 13 BT is a much larger unit in comparison.

Blog Entries

I took a quick look at FixYourEars site and the prices don't look that great -- close to clinic pricing is what I saw.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by KenP View Post
    I took a quick look at FixYourEars site and the prices don't look that great -- close to clinic pricing is what I saw.
    When I looked at the prices for a pair of Signia Pure 13BT at fixyourears, they were $200 cheaper than everyone else I saw plus it came with the TV transmitter for $2800 for the pair. Maybe I need to do more looking.
    Thanks for the info.
    Don
    Phonak Smart III

Really? I think the default prices are per pair and seemed comparable to or often better than Buyhear.

.25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

What world are you living in?

PACKAGE INCLUDES:
    2-Siemens Pure 7Px BTE hearing aids
    1-Siemens easyTek remote
    2-rechargeable batteries
    60-disposable batteries
    Assorted domes
    1-TV Transmitter
    1-Carrying case
    1-Charger

$3,100.00

The whole package $3100 show me a private AuD that will do that.

Thank you all for your reply's. I called Signia and asked them if I bought the BT13 or the PX 312 from an online supplier, would the warranty be honored. The customer service person told me that it would not. She also said that when they see these sites, they report them to their legal department and have the site shutdown. She was very much against the idea of buying a "medical aid" from someone who you do not have face to face contact with. With that being said, I contacted Buyhear.com and mentioned this to them. She said thay the information that Signia gave me is completely wrong and wanted me to speak to one of the owners. I didn't do that and told her I wanted to do some researching. I called my past Audi from 5 yrs back and he said he would give me a set of the Phonak B30s for $2200 and Signia 3px for $2600. I asked him about the 13BT 3px and he said they were around the same price but I think he wasn't sure. To step up to the Phonak B50s or the Signia 5px was $4300! So it looks like I'm going to have to make a decision if getting the Signia's 3px is worth the $400 more compared to the Phonak B30s.
    It does scare me to buy online.
    Thanks again for everyone helping out.
    Don
    Phonak Smart III

Blog Entries

How close is a Costco? Their aids are at a higher level that the 5 and start at $1800.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

How close is a Costco? Their aids are at a higher level that the 5 and start at $1800.
    Hi Ken,
    There's one about the same distance as the Audi. I didn't know Costco sold Phonak or Signia. I'll have to check it out.
    Have a great 4th and thanks for the advice.
    Don
    Phonak Smart III