Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Phonak B-312 B50 or Signia Pure 13BT

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    2,545
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    Don, they sell both although they are slightly older models. But they have premium rather than entry or intermediate features. That's close to what your audi wants $6000 for. Signia is supplying the current KS7. If you have an iPhone, the Resound Cala have connectivity.
    Last edited by KenP; 06-30-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

    Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare





  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    558

    Default

    I'd quibble a bit. The KS7 is made by Rexton. Rexton is owned by the same company that owns Signia. Probably no practical differences, but there are subtle differences in the software. KS7 is a premium aid and only costs $1700 for a pair.

    Quote Originally Posted by KenP View Post
    Don, they sell both although they are slightly older models. But they have premium rather than entry or intermediate features. That's close to what your audi wants $6000 for. Signia is supplying the current KS7. If you have an iPhone, the Resound Cala have connectivity.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

  3. #13

    Default

    I made an appointment to get a hearing test at Costco. There are three HAs which I am not sure which one to trial. They are the KS7, Cala 8 and the Brio 2. I was told by the audi on my initial phone call that the only one that will stream to my Iphone is the Cala 8. Don;t I have to have a phone clip to do this? I noticed that the Brio 2s can do this with the ComPilot Air. I do want to be able to take phone calls during my trips to and from work and the quality be good.

    My old audi that fitted the Phonak Audeo Smart IIIs said he would supply me with the Phonak b3s but I was interested in the Signia BT13 3px ($2600) because of the streaming into my Iphone. Does the Cala 8 also need to have the phone clip?

    My question is do I spend the same amount of money $2600 for the Signia BT13s and get a newer generation chip or am I better to get one of the Costco premium HAs but one generation lower?

    No matter what I get, I'm sure they will be as good if not better than my current older Phonaks. I would prefer an aid that does not sound "tinny". Thanks again for all of your help.
    Don
    Phonak Smart III
    Hz..250..500...1K...1.5K...2K....4K....8K
    L.....20....10...10....50.....60....60....70
    R.....20....15...10....55.....65....65....60

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dondeziner View Post
    I was told by the audi on my initial phone call that the only one that will stream to my Iphone is the Cala 8. Don;t I have to have a phone clip to do this? I noticed that the Brio 2s can do this with the ComPilot Air. I do want to be able to take phone calls during my trips to and from work and the quality be good.
    You don't need an intermediate streamer on the Cala8 because it's a Made For iPhone HA. The streaming is direct from the iPhone to the Cala without needing a streamer in between. However, if you have an Android phone then direct streaming is not possible between the Android phone to the Cala 8. Direct streaming is only possible for iPhones to Cala 8 for now.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

    KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

    Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    558

    Default

    The main reason to add the phone clip is if you want hands free phone. Otherwise you have to hold the phone near your mouth to speak. The KS7s can stream if you have a Smart Connect. If Costco is convenient and you like the hearing aid fitter ok, I'd probably go with the KS7 and Smart Connect for about $2000. You probably can't go wrong as you seem like you're not hard to please.

    Quote Originally Posted by dondeziner View Post
    I made an appointment to get a hearing test at Costco. There are three HAs which I am not sure which one to trial. They are the KS7, Cala 8 and the Brio 2. I was told by the audi on my initial phone call that the only one that will stream to my Iphone is the Cala 8. Don;t I have to have a phone clip to do this? I noticed that the Brio 2s can do this with the ComPilot Air. I do want to be able to take phone calls during my trips to and from work and the quality be good.

    My old audi that fitted the Phonak Audeo Smart IIIs said he would supply me with the Phonak b3s but I was interested in the Signia BT13 3px ($2600) because of the streaming into my Iphone. Does the Cala 8 also need to have the phone clip?

    My question is do I spend the same amount of money $2600 for the Signia BT13s and get a newer generation chip or am I better to get one of the Costco premium HAs but one generation lower?

    No matter what I get, I'm sure they will be as good if not better than my current older Phonaks. I would prefer an aid that does not sound "tinny". Thanks again for all of your help.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •