Thread: Under Construction - Switching from Photobucket to Flickr

1. Default Under Construction - Switching from Photobucket to Flickr

I have moved my (newer) stored images from Photobucket to Flickr. The speed of PB has been slower lately, also I was experiencing annoying popup Ads, and even no service (in some cases) when the viewer is using AdBlock Plus.

My moving process is for the most part complete. My older images (some years old) will remain on Photobucket.

This is just FYI in case you come across anomalies in my posted images.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

2. Default

This has caused me a lot of work because I ain't paying this 'ransom demand'...

>>Photobucket breaking images with 'ransom' demand<<

>>Photobucket replaces millions of images with 'ransom demand'<<

I think I have completed moving most of my important images.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"

3. Default

I've been using Flikr for years. I've not had any problems with it but I'm sensitive to not having my only copy of anything I care about there.
    250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    R 15 25 30 40 50 55 60 65
    L 10 25 15 20 30 40 45 35

Resound Linx 3D 9 (June 2017)
    Airllink2 Programmer/Smart Fit Software
    Multimic
    Phoneclip+
    TV Streamer 2
    iPhone 6

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rnatalie View Post
    I've been using Flikr for years. I've not had any problems with it but I'm sensitive to not having my only copy of anything I care about there.
    I'm curious,,, Free Flickr account or a paid Flickr account?

The Photobucket changes had some nasty repercussions.
    1) Your images were kinda still available, However, you couldn't readily tell which image it was because they displayed it as a generic "You-Need-To-Upgrade-Image".
    2) You could download the image but then Windows Photo Viewer would not display it. A work-around is to use a photo editing tool such as IrfanView to resize, then resize again back to original size. After resize and save (Ctrl-S) it was able to be viewed by Windows Photo Viewer.
    3) Then there is the non trivial task of replacing all your forums posts that reference the images.

The Photobucket changes seem to be based on access counts because some older seldom accessed images were not affected.

5. Default

I have a PRO account. I think I switched years ago when the max storage limit was smaller and I ran out.
    250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    R 15 25 30 40 50 55 60 65
    L 10 25 15 20 30 40 45 35

Resound Linx 3D 9 (June 2017)
    Airllink2 Programmer/Smart Fit Software
    Multimic
    Phoneclip+
    TV Streamer 2
    iPhone 6