Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First experiences with KS7 from Costco

1. Default

As for the manufacturer...that has it's own layers of confusion. There are umbrella companies that have subsidiaries that have subsidiaries etc. IIRC Rexton is from Siemens. Some entity called Sivantos is involved in there somehow. Maybe just the software/firmware I don't know.

Well... it gets repetitive when people make new threads asking the same questions that have long since been covered in other threads. Really...just having a smile. I don't care. Everyone has there own perspectives. It's always interesting to me to read those perspectives. It makes coming back to the forum worthwhile. And to maybe help others. I am recently new to aids myself so if I can help when others have already helped me then that makes the world go around. I agree that it can be difficult sifting through all the information and not finding that specific thing answered just the right way so as to get it and therefore wish to post a question and hope that it hasn't already been covered. Search terms are always tricky. People say things differently in different ways all the time.
    Anyway...have fun reading.

Here's the best chart I've seen showing basically how hearing aid brands are connected. https://www.hearingtracker.com/blog/...d-brands-6.jpg

For the Kirkland KS7. They are made by Rexton, which falls under Sivantos. Sivantos also makes Signia, which replaced Siemens. Signia makes a very similar aid to the Kirkland (probably same hardware) but has more software features.

Quote Originally Posted by z10user2 View Post
    As for the manufacturer...that has it's own layers of confusion. There are umbrella companies that have subsidiaries that have subsidiaries etc. IIRC Rexton is from Siemens. Some entity called Sivantos is involved in there somehow. Maybe just the software/firmware I don't know.

Well... it gets repetitive when people make new threads asking the same questions that have long since been covered in other threads. Really...just having a smile. I don't care. Everyone has there own perspectives. It's always interesting to me to read those perspectives. It makes coming back to the forum worthwhile. And to maybe help others. I am recently new to aids myself so if I can help when others have already helped me then that makes the world go around. I agree that it can be difficult sifting through all the information and not finding that specific thing answered just the right way so as to get it and therefore wish to post a question and hope that it hasn't already been covered. Search terms are always tricky. People say things differently in different ways all the time.
    Anyway...have fun reading.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    Here's the best chart I've seen showing basically how hearing aid brands are connected. https://www.hearingtracker.com/blog/...d-brands-6.jpg

For the Kirkland KS7. They are made by Rexton, which falls under Sivantos. Sivantos also makes Signia, which replaced Siemens. Signia makes a very similar aid to the Kirkland (probably same hardware) but has more software features.
    Unbelievably complicated.

Thanks for the link.

kHz
    .25 .50 .75
    1 2  ​346  ​8K
    Left20 20 25 30 35 60 55 50 55
    Right 20 20 25 35 30 45 55 50

Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    What Doc Jake was saying about adjusting the volume is ONLY pertinent to the direct streaming mode. You only want to boost the lows in direct streaming mode only to compensate for the lows leaking out. You don't want to boost the lows in normal listening mode because you already get the sound from the natural sound source coming through your vent.

Same principle with reducing the highs as suggested by Doc Jake. If the lows leak and it sound tinny, you can either boost the lows in streaming mode to compensate, or reduce the highs in streaming mode so that when you increase the over all volume of the HA, it's equivalent to boosting the lows. Or you do a combination of both, boosting the lows and reducing the highs to achieve the same effect overall.
    Thanks for the interpretation and expansion. I understand what you are saying. I'll keep that in mind if/when I get to do streaming mode. That's for TV and such, right? I never watch TV.

It would be very nice if I could stream my car radio to my aids, though. That's another thing I will ask Costco about.

kHz
    .25 .50 .75
    1 2  ​346  ​8K
    Left20 20 25 30 35 60 55 50 55
    Right 20 20 25 35 30 45 55 50

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Thanks for the interpretation and expansion. I understand what you are saying. I'll keep that in mind if/when I get to do streaming mode. That's for TV and such, right? I never watch TV.

It would be very nice if I could stream my car radio to my aids, though. That's another thing I will ask Costco about.
    Rexton offers a necklace thing that receives bluetooth signals (or cable direct connect) and relays that up to the aids. There are after-market ones as well.
    There are some aids that can accept streaming from fruity phones but the KS7's are not other than the little app to control them.
    KHz .25 .5 .75 1 1.5 2 3 4 6 8 SRT SD/WRS
    Left 25 30 35 35 35 25 55 50 60 65 30 100%@70
    Right 40 50 50 45 40 30 40 40 45 50 35 100%@60

Actually sorry I think I got this thread crossed with another thread that talks about tinny sound when streaming with open domes. But I just realized that you weren't talking about streaming here. So ignore my comments. I actually deleted my post, too.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

Have you read all the other threads simply searching ks7?
    So I did a search, and came up with "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: ks7".
    Many search engines will allow you to do a site search. I know it works on google and duckduckgo. To search for KS7 here, put the following into your search engine box ... KS7 site:hearingaidforums.com For me that brings up over 615 results on google. It is also helpful if you are looking for exact phrases by putting the words in quotations e.g. "word1 word2" site:hearingaidforums.com
    250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    R 50 50 50 55 65 60 55 55
    L 45 45 45 45 65 55 60 60 65

SRT WDS MCL UCL
    R 45 88% 75
    L 45 80% 75

Pure Carat 701's

In the forums, another way to maneuver if looking for info on a specific hearing aid is go to the subforum for the brand and then scan subject lines. For popular aids, there's usually at least one pretty long thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfEar View Post
    Many search engines will allow you to do a site search. I know it works on google and duckduckgo. To search for KS7 here, put the following into your search engine box ... KS7 site:hearingaidforums.com For me that brings up over 615 results on google. It is also helpful if you are looking for exact phrases by putting the words in quotations e.g. "word1 word2" site:hearingaidforums.com
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40