Thread: Starkey Halo 2 Aids Keep Dropping Bluetooth to iPhone 6.

Default Starkey Halo 2 Aids Keep Dropping Bluetooth to iPhone 6.

My iPhone version is 10.3.2. My Starkeys can't maintain a reliable bluetooth connection with it and I often find myself hearing through only one aid when on a call. A few days ago, both aids quit connecting and I now have to resort to holding the iPhone up to my ear to hear the person on the call. My audiologist has a way of resetting the aids (and phone????) which I, months ago, suggested he document and mail/email to any customer who has the problem. He never did that! I called him this afternoon and complained mightily and he promised to email me the procedure tonight when he had finished preparing it. In the meantime, anyone know how to do this? I would love to hear from you.

Perhaps I should point out that I live thirty miles from the shop.

Thanx!

sid007

I don't have the Starkey Halo 2, I have the Oticon OPN. But I have a similar issue of losing connection between my iPhone and one of the OPN from time to time. On the OPN you simply set the iPhone to forget the device (the OPN), then you open/close the battery door of the OPN to reset it, and this usually reconnects the iphone with the OPN. Some people can just turn the iPhone Bluetooth mode off then on again and this reconnects the OPN for them, but I haven't had success doing so this way.

I would assume that you can do the same on your Halo 2 (forget device on iPhone and reset the Halo 2) to reconnect. All these settings is under the iPhone -> Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Hearing Devices -> Devices (at the top which shows your Halo 2 under your name)
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sid007 View Post
    My iPhone version is 10.3.2. My Starkeys can't maintain a reliable bluetooth connection with it and I often find myself hearing through only one aid when on a call. A few days ago, both aids quit connecting and I now have to resort to holding the iPhone up to my ear to hear the person on the call. My audiologist has a way of resetting the aids (and phone????) which I, months ago, suggested he document and mail/email to any customer who has the problem. He never did that! I called him this afternoon and complained mightily and he promised to email me the procedure tonight when he had finished preparing it. In the meantime, anyone know how to do this? I would love to hear from you.

Perhaps I should point out that I live thirty miles from the shop.

Thanx!

sid007
    On my Halo 1's:
    Open both battery doors.
    On the iPhone:
    Settings/General/Accessibility/Hearing Devices
    Close the battery doors. You should get a R and L,
    click on the ">" on that line.
    You should get a sync. Takes a few seconds.

Starkey has a support line (toll free in the states), they are super helpful in my experience.

Lou
    Lou
    LouYo
    L: . 30 .. 25 ... 30 ... 50 ... 55 ... 60 ... 70
    F: 250 .500 1000 2000 3000 4000 8000
    R: . 40 .. 40 ... 35 ... 60 ... 60 ... 65 ... 65

Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    I don't have the Starkey Halo 2, I have the Oticon OPN. But I have a similar issue of losing connection between my iPhone and one of the OPN from time to time. On the OPN you simply set the iPhone to forget the device (the OPN), then you open/close the battery door of the OPN to reset it, and this usually reconnects the iphone with the OPN. Some people can just turn the iPhone Bluetooth mode off then on again and this reconnects the OPN for them, but I haven't had success doing so this way.

I would assume that you can do the same on your Halo 2 (forget device on iPhone and reset the Halo 2) to reconnect. All these settings is under the iPhone -> Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Hearing Devices -> Devices (at the top which shows your Halo 2 under your name)

Thanx, Volusiano, very helpful.

Sid007

Very good, Lou! Between you and Volusiano, I'm back in business and a happy camper.

Sid