Thread: Speech recognition in conversation vs streaming

1. Default Speech recognition in conversation vs streaming

Using the KS6s and iPhone.
    Speech recognition while streaming is very good across the board, i.e. audio books, answering the phone, and TV streamer. Makes my life a lot easier.

Not so good in conversation. Struggle if not facing and low noise.

is it the HAs tuning? Tried several different setups... or is it the domes? I use closed domes that fit snug very well
    Baywood kS6s (TV streamer)
    50 <750> 55
    60 <1.5k> 65
    60 <3k> 65
    65 <4k> 75
    70 <6k> 85
    80 <8k> 90

Closed domes seem appropriate. Sounds like you need a really good signal to noise ratio to understand speech. Might want to consider a Multimic that would stream to your KS6s.

Quote Originally Posted by Baywood View Post
    Using the KS6s and iPhone.
    Speech recognition while streaming is very good across the board, i.e. audio books, answering the phone, and TV streamer. Makes my life a lot easier.

Not so good in conversation. Struggle if not facing and low noise.

is it the HAs tuning? Tried several different setups... or is it the domes? I use closed domes that fit snug very well
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Blog Entries

What are you WRS numbers?
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

4. Default

dB HL 60
    R 64% 75
    L 60% 75
    Baywood kS6s (TV streamer)
    50 <750> 55
    60 <1.5k> 65
    60 <3k> 65
    65 <4k> 75
    70 <6k> 85
    80 <8k> 90

Do you have your streaming shutting down the mics?

Blog Entries

Part of that is likely your WRS. (Mine are worse.) You can ask the fitter to adjust the soft voice features higher and the same for getting forward enhancements. Do that in a different program and not the main/auto. When you are in a situation with a soft speaking individual, switch to that program and face the speaker.

KS6 (Linx) enhancement to Linx2 was to give better directional clues. Linx weren't out that long before Costco got them as the Linx2 came out with new software. This is all AFAIK.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare