Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Ops remote mike??

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    568

    Default

    My understanding is that the Bolero is not a replacement for the Naida. Naidas still exist and are still considered a great aid for extreme/profound losses. I believe the Naida V (V is for Venture platform) is the most current. I'm a little confused on how your aids could be Naida Vs.

    Quote Originally Posted by lschach View Post
    They tell me the Naida is now the Bolero. Which I tried. Maybe I need to keep working on the Boleros with my HAP.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    My understanding is that the Bolero is not a replacement for the Naida. Naidas still exist and are still considered a great aid for extreme/profound losses. I believe the Naida V (V is for Venture platform) is the most current. I'm a little confused on how your aids could be Naida Vs.
    The old Core Naidas (2008 model), are marked as Naida III for the entry level, Nadia V for the mid level and Naida IX for the high end level.
    Currently wearing Phonak Q70's.

    ---115---250---500---1K---2K---4K---8K
    R---20---30-----35----40---30---55---50
    L---45---45-----45----65---65---45---35

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lschach View Post
    They tell me the Naida is now the Bolero. Which I tried. Maybe I need to keep working on the Boleros with my HAP.
    Naidas are still very much around. The new Naida Venture model looks very good. The new Naida Venture ones are rated IP68 and have a new design to them which is very good.
    Currently wearing Phonak Q70's.

    ---115---250---500---1K---2K---4K---8K
    R---20---30-----35----40---30---55---50
    L---45---45-----45----65---65---45---35

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lschach View Post
    Im going to try some Oticon Opn PP's. I current have Phonak Nadia's and I use the wireless remote mic and ComPilot often. I regularly sit in a large group with one speaker in front who wears my mic. Works great.

    Now I'm being told that with the Opn there is no remote mic. Instead I have to hand my phone to the speaker. He's not going to hold it close to his mouth and I'm concerned that the sound quality will not be as good as with my Phonaks. Oticon told my HAP they have no plans for a remote mic.

    How well does this work? Are there workarounds? Maybe I'll just keep my Naidas and use them for group teachings, but it's hard to believe Oticon doesn't get this.

    Thanks,

    Lindsay

    Severe-profound 35 year HA user with genetic, progressive loss.
    I am completely confused. Why can't you use a Phonak Roger with a MyLink (which will connect via Telecoil), or a Roger Universal Receiver type 02 or 03 (boot that goes on to the back of any BTE- including the OPN).

    Graham

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glucas View Post
    I am completely confused. Why can't you use a Phonak Roger with a MyLink (which will connect via Telecoil), or a Roger Universal Receiver type 02 or 03 (boot that goes on to the back of any BTE- including the OPN).

    Graham
    I didn't realize that the Roger boot fits into the back of any BTE (including the OPN). How does that work if the BTEs come in all different shapes and sizes?
    Last edited by Volusiano; 07-07-2017 at 12:15 PM.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

    KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

    Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

  6. #16

    Default

    So why the Boleros? What's their niche?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    2,556
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default

    Boleros are BTE aids with the sound transmitted from the aid itself through plastic tubes. This allows a larger receiver/speaker. It is recommended to those with a sever loss. RIC has gotten close to providing the higher frequency volume but BTE still leads in capacity.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

    Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare





  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    I didn't realize that the Roger boot fits into the back of any BTE (including the OPN). How does that work if the BTEs come in all different shapes and sizes?
    To be honest Volusiano, I do not know. The claim is however, that it is universally compatible. Take a look at this link:

    http://www.connevans.co.uk/product/6...iver--type-03-

    Within this it says:


    • compatible with virtually all behind-the-ear hearing instruments

  9. #19

    Default

    I'm not a candidate for RIC, I'm told. Too much loss in the lows. I would use the new Naidas as BTEs and I tried the Boleros as BTEs. I don't understand why the Boleros sounded so bad. I think I'll try the new Naidas.
    Lindsay Schachinger
    35 year HA wearer, progressive genetic loss

    Naida V SPs 2007

    125 250 500 1k 2k 3k 4k 6k 8k
    L 40 50 70 75 85 85 105 100 >90
    R 40 60 70 75 75 75 70 >100 >90

  10. #20

    Default

    I'm not a candidate for RIC, I'm told. Too much loss in the lows.


    ​whomever 'they' are you might want to consider finding someone else!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •