Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Resound

1. Default Questions about Resound

Can someone tell me what to expect from resound hearing aids? I'm having trouble with mine. I plan on getting another pair because of this. Is the sound supposed to get louder and softer every few minutes no matter where you are? Is there a way to make the speech more clear? My app on Android crashes every few days and I have to reinstall it. It says the problem is the app is not connected to the hearing aids. I had a widex for 13 years. It had more of an open sound while these sound closed. In other words, the background is much softer than the widex. How much difference should I be getting used to? I sincerely hope I haven't thrown too many questions at you but your advice will help me greatly. Thank you.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure of everything you are saying. Are you using the Phone Clip or are the aids going directly to you phone? Direct to Android is a work in process.

Going back years would make any brand more "open" as noise suppression was being improved by the increased processing power. I have the equivalent of the Linx1. On rare occasions I briefly get a louder/softer effect as the aids work with an unusual sound profile. Its fairly rare. I would think any change from them to yours would be for the better. There are people who talked about their 3D's in fairly glowing terms; I expect there is either a hardware/software problem with yours.

If you've worn Widex all these years, you may want to try their recently introduced line. It may be closer to what you are use to.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

3. Default

I don't know what you mean by aids "going directly to your phone". My audilogist programmed them, I have the smart 3D app on my Android and if I want I can change programs through the app on my phone insttead of having a button on the aids. Are you saying that as technology has increased, the open sound of 13 years ago with background noise being louder, has changed whereby the background noise is softer? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Direct to phone is streaming of the phone's sound right to the aids. In most cases, Android needs the Phone Clip to do that. Some new models will do that like the iPhone does now. There is a Bluetooth upgrade that will support that. Android is somewhat phone specific as Android can be modified by the vendor. That can lead to something working on one and not so well on another. The only phones that are 100% Android are the Nexus -- possibly one or to other models.

The latest paradigm combines directionality and noise suppression. It is made possible by dual microphone on each aid to spatially reference sound sources. When speech is recognized it emphasizes that and, in effect, reduce the background. Without speech, it allows a louder (normal?) environment for the most part.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

I'm not sure what model you have...I've worn resound linx2 for 2 yrs now and never had the problems you are stating....no the volume shold not get louder then softer every few minutes... my aids will adjust and dull down very loud noises if I enter a new environment and that usually takes about 3 to 5 seconds ...as for your phone app I bought a I phone specifically to be able to stream phone calls directly to my HA's without wearing a "dog" collar... and the app works great for adjustments... as Ken stated in his post a lot has to do with yor audi.....hope this helps...

6. Default

I have the Linx3D. The only time the sound gets louder and softer overall is when the thing pairs and unpairs from the iPhone. Now the background noise in some of the modes goes up and down with whether someone is speaking, but that's usually what you want. Of course, the things are adjustable nine ways to Sunday, so you should bring your concerns to your Audiologist.
    250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    R 15 25 30 40 50 55 60 65
    L 10 25 15 20 30 40 45 35

Resound Linx 3D 9 (June 2017)
    Airllink2 Programmer/Smart Fit Software
    Multimic
    Phoneclip+
    TV Streamer 2
    iPhone 6

7. Default

I have the Linx 3D 7 and a Samsung galaxy S7. I updated from an s5 in the hopes the app would stop crashing. My audilogist is sending them back for repair or replacement if they can't be fixed. He has good luck with resound and likes to use that brand. I'm hoping that when I get the aids back, that they will work well and my phone stays paired with the aids. I depend on the music program for choir and voice lessons. Even that program was wierd. The one good thing about the resound so far is I really like the fit.

8. Default

I'm not sure the MUSIC default program on the 3D is all that great for music. About the only thing it has distinctive is that it changes the response time from syllabic (very fast) to slow and cranks up the feedback suppression. I find that to be by and large useless, so I juse that slot for my experimental program.

If I get time tomorrow, I'll try loading up the App on my Android and see how it goes.
    250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    R 15 25 30 40 50 55 60 65
    L 10 25 15 20 30 40 45 35

Resound Linx 3D 9 (June 2017)
    Airllink2 Programmer/Smart Fit Software
    Multimic
    Phoneclip+
    TV Streamer 2
    iPhone 6

Resound's new hearing aid software is total crap, IMO. On many PC's, devices can't be detected; lots of intermittent problems. The aids may sound good, but I wouldn't buy anything from them.
    Marc

Hz 250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k -- 2k -- 3k -- 4k -- 6k -- 8k
    R: 20 -- 25 -- 35 -- 35 -- 45 --- 50 -- 55 -- 60 -- 55 -- 70
    L: 15 -- 25 -- 35 -- 40 -- 45 --- 60 -- 50 -- 60 -- 55 -- 65
    [Opn]

Blog Entries

The fact they can't be paired isn't their fault. You are trying to pair BLE to a BT. If you want to connect to BT, buy the Phone Cip + that can BT pair to up to 8 devices.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +