Thread: ComPilot II connections

1. Default ComPilot II connections

Can someone tell me if Phonak TV Link II base may be connected to a Yamaha Receiver AV3010? Everything I read says to connect it to the TV, but if my TV is connected to my receiver in a theater stereo system, connecting it to the receiver I would thing would work to get the benefit of viewing TV, hearing and listening to music. Please let me know if connecting the Phonak TV Link II base to the receiver with a coaxial cable will work in giving me better listening results from using TV and music from various sources connected to my receiver.

Blog Entries

Your best bet would be to pick up a low latency BT transmitter. You also need a splitter for the audio feed. That would let you be more mobile than a wired connection to the Phonak link.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

I have three TVLink II's, two connected to TV's and one to the audio out on my work laptop's docking station. I think the setup you describe would work just fine. KenP, you must have mis-read the post, as the TVLink II connected to the receiver in this fashion would be just how you describe using a low-latency BT Transmitter. The TVLink II performs that function to transmit wirelessly to a ComPilot II.
    Phonak Brio 2, ComPilot II, TVLink II from Costco

Freq R L
    250 30 35
    500 40 40
    750 40 40
    1000 40 40
    1500 25 35
    2000 35 30
    3000 50 40
    4000 50 50
    6000 75 60
    8000 80 80

Kenji is a cheap a$$

Quote Originally Posted by Notar68 View Post
    Can someone tell me if Phonak TV Link II base may be connected to a Yamaha Receiver AV3010? Everything I read says to connect it to the TV, but if my TV is connected to my receiver in a theater stereo system, connecting it to the receiver I would thing would work to get the benefit of viewing TV, hearing and listening to music. Please let me know if connecting the Phonak TV Link II base to the receiver with a coaxial cable will work in giving me better listening results from using TV and music from various sources connected to my receiver.
    You should be able to connect the TVLink into the audio out on the back of the receiver and as long as you have a Compilot or a ICom you should be in business. Another option if you don't mind being "cabled" to the receiver you can buy a audio splitter, audio cable(how ever many feet you need) with a RCA jack at one end and a 2.5mm jack at the other end. On the back of your receiver plug the splitter into the audio out jack on the receiver, then plug the RCA cable end into the splitter and then plug the other end into the ComPilot or ICom. You won't be in Bluetooth this way, but you won't lose the signal either as long as your plugged in.
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

-250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25