Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible faulty HA

Default Possible faulty HA

I am used to distorted hearing, but in the last two weeks, it has become worse. I wear two Phonak Nathos S+SPw BTE`s, and changed the stay dry tubes, which are about a year old. In the past, this has solved the problem. But notthis time.

I have done a factory re-set, and tried a different version of my settings, to no avail. I have done more tweaking lately because of the distortion. My wife says I am fiddling too much, and that`s why they have gone wrong. Is that possible, and is there anything else I can do please?

I have asked for a hospital appointment, and hope my audiologist can do something.
    Last edited by JohnD; 07-09-2017 at 10:47 AM. Reason: no space bewteen some words

Do you suffer from distortion in both ears? If not, you could try swapping hearing aids over and seeing if they still sound the same?

I mean when I say swapping the hearing aids over, to actually program them for the opposite side and see if it still sounds distorted.

Thanks for the replies.

Not certain which ear doesn`t have some distortion. However, my wife has listened to each aid, using a stetoset with volume control, and declares them ok. So it must be my hearing. I have discovered that if I partially block the vent in the left aid, I get more bass, and it`s much clearer,especially the TV loop, which sounded bad. At least I can enjoy that now....

Glad your HAs are okay.

Hi Zebras.

Unfortunately not. It had seemed ok, and then became very distorted. My wife listened to it again, and gave the thumbs down. It sounds much worse on the loop setting.

I have a hospital appointment this Friday. A replacement would be good, but it`s still old technology. I am getting to the point where I need something that is not only better, but useful. The latest appears to be the Phonak Belong. But the latest Phonaks do not appear in Target 5.1.0. So how do the Pro`s program them?

The latest version of Target is 5.1.1
    Marc

Hz 250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k -- 2k -- 3k -- 4k -- 6k -- 8k
    R: 20 -- 25 -- 35 -- 35 -- 45 --- 50 -- 55 -- 60 -- 55 -- 70
    L: 15 -- 25 -- 35 -- 40 -- 45 --- 60 -- 50 -- 60 -- 55 -- 65
    [Opn]

My Target is nowversion 5.1.0.31423. It says fully up to date.

The Phonak Belong isstill not there, so possibly another update coming.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    My Target is nowversion 5.1.0.31423. It says fully up to date.

The Phonak Belong isstill not there, so possibly another update coming.
    There should be an (Phonak Target 5.1.1) update to be installed when you click Updates at the bottom right of your Target window.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

Funny, the Belongs (Audeo-B) showed up on 5.0 for me. I just updated to 5.1 and haven't checked yet, but 5.1.1 is indeed available as an update.

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    There should be an (Phonak Target 5.1.1) update to be installed when you click Updates at the bottom right of your Target window.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40