Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Signia Cellion Primax

Before I post my results in my signature ... can some one confirm I read my audiogram correctly.. please see my attachment of audiogram above .

KHz...0.25.... 0.5 ..... 1.0 ..... 1.5 ..... 2.0 ..... 3.0 ..... 4.0..... 6.0..... 8.0
    Left ... 15 ... ... 25 ... .. 25 ..... 45 ..... 65 ..... 60 ..... 65 ... .. 70... .. 60
    Right... 10 ... ... 25 ... .. 15 .............. 30 ..... 50 ....... 55...... 45...... 30
    Had to put the dots in to space it out.... So is this right ?? ~Help~
    DenMc
    Last edited by DenMc; 07-31-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Volusiano .... Thank you Very Much for your input.

I am relieved to hear that it is not all my fault on giving up on my last audi.... I really think you hit the nail on the head...passive yes and I also thought lazy but more to the point , like you said, "didn't want to deviate too much from the prescribed solution" pretty much sums it up.

I really appreciate this forum for all the informative members here.
    I can hope some day I too will have an opportunity to help a member out .

Thank you again
    DenMc
    Last edited by DenMc; 07-31-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Here is a little update...
    I met with my new HIP, Hearing Instrument Practitioner, yesterday and have this to say.. "Very Impressed"... I spent 2 hours with him which included more extensive hearing testing than I ever received before. He gave me detailed explanations on any questions I had and displayed a willingness to work with me on making sure my HA will be adjusted to my liking.
    It was so nice to have someone listen to my concerns instead of being told... 'this is what you'll get' .

I ordered the Signia Cellion Primax 5px which are not part of his normal selling HA line but had no hesitation to supply them for me. I told him that if , for some reason, I did not find the Signia Cellion to be as good as hoped I then would go with the Oticon OPN which is the line he sells most.... and I do agree the Octicon OPN is a good line as well.

I showed him the recent audiogram from my previous audiologist, taken 2 months ago, and my new HIP was surprised how lacking the testing / results were, no masking and something else he mentioned that would not be acceptable in certain circumstances.

I get my new Signia Cellion primax HA in 2 weeks and then after a trial period I will post my results for those interested.

DenMc

Quote Originally Posted by DenMc View Post
    Here is a little update...
    I met with my new HIP, Hearing Instrument Practitioner, yesterday and have this to say.. "Very Impressed"... I spent 2 hours with him which included more extensive hearing testing than I ever received before. He gave me detailed explanations on any questions I had and displayed a willingness to work with me on making sure my HA will be adjusted to my liking.
    It was so nice to have someone listen to my concerns instead of being told... 'this is what you'll get' .

I ordered the Signia Cellion Primax 5px which are not part of his normal selling HA line but had no hesitation to supply them for me. I told him that if , for some reason, I did not find the Signia Cellion to be as good as hoped I then would go with the Oticon OPN which is the line he sells most.... and I do agree the Octicon OPN is a good line as well.

I showed him the recent audiogram from my previous audiologist, taken 2 months ago, and my new HIP was surprised how lacking the testing / results were, no masking and something else he mentioned that would not be acceptable in certain circumstances.

I get my new Signia Cellion primax HA in 2 weeks and then after a trial period I will post my results for those interested.

DenMc
    Glad to hear that your new HIP is much more easy to work with. I would suggest that you even take advantage of his willingness to work with you to try out both the Cellion Primax and the OPN instead of just one, based on what you said that he already sells a lot of OPN. That is, if you're game with trying out more than 1 brand/model this time around and if he has no qualms about you trying out both. The more data points you have, the better informed decision you can make. I've heard of some people trying out 4 or 5 HA brands/models, and although I think that's a lot, I think trying out 2 is very reasonable. But then if the Cellion Primax is good enough and you're happy with it, and if it's significantly cheaper than the OPN, then the lower price value proposition may be enough for you to stop there and not have to try out anything else.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

Blog Entries

I doubt DenMc has missed your flogging Octicon -- it appears everywhere.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

6. Default

DenMc, I also have loss due to years of construction noise, nail guns and power saws are two of the worst culprits, be religious about using hearing protection as more damage will occur if you dont.

Quote "DenMc, I also have loss due to years of construction noise, be religious about using hearing protection as more damage will occur if you dont. "

~ Roger that ~ .... I have 2 pairs of custom fit ITE ear protection that I still use on occasion, now retired, I'm not on the tools as much except for renos around the home.
    Sure wish now that I used better protection way back then
    Thanks for input
    DenMc

Quote Originally Posted by KenP View Post
    I doubt DenMc has missed your flogging Octicon -- it appears everywhere.
    Well, I doubt I would miss your stalking me and making comments like this everywhere whenever I discuss the OPN with others. Wonder what you get out of making useless and non-constructive comments like this?
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

" Volusiano "...
    Thank you for the good suggestion about trying the OPN's while I'm at it.
    I don't know the $ value difference between the OPN's and the Cellion's... I sort of have to go with my cost coverage from my WCB coverage as I certainly couldn't afford to pay for them on my own. The Cellion primax 5px is the middle class and WCB does not cover the primax 7px (top class) .

My borther who is 6yrs older and also has much the same hearing loss in the same ranges, recently got the Cellion primax 5px and is enjoying them a great deal over his older Audeo V, the same as I'm using right now, so I'm looking forward to the trial with the Cellion primax HA's.

The only draw back I see with the Opticon OPN "for me"... and as minor as it may be... is the App for the cell phone control.
    From my understanding you Must use the Streamer when using the phone app to manage the basic controls, volume etc., where as the Cellion cell phone App for the same basic controls will work with out the EasyTek as a streamer. Also I am a diehard BlackBerry user and from the reviews the Octicon Apps are still not up to speed with Android yet.

Thanks for your input

DenMc

Are you sure the app for the Cellion will work with Blackberry? I know some android apps do, but if it's a deal breaker, I'd try it out pretty quickly in your trial period. For what it's worth, I am so far impressed with the Rexton equivalent to the EasyTek and remote microphone. Fun parlor trick: I can easily understand my wife when she talks to me while on the computer 45 feet down the hall.

Quote Originally Posted by DenMc View Post
    " Volusiano "...
    Thank you for the good suggestion about trying the OPN's while I'm at it.
    I don't know the $ value difference between the OPN's and the Cellion's... I sort of have to go with my cost coverage from my WCB coverage as I certainly couldn't afford to pay for them on my own. The Cellion primax 5px is the middle class and WCB does not cover the primax 7px (top class) .

My borther who is 6yrs older and also has much the same hearing loss in the same ranges, recently got the Cellion primax 5px and is enjoying them a great deal over his older Audeo V, the same as I'm using right now, so I'm looking forward to the trial with the Cellion primax HA's.

The only draw back I see with the Opticon OPN "for me"... and as minor as it may be... is the App for the cell phone control.
    From my understanding you Must use the Streamer when using the phone app to manage the basic controls, volume etc., where as the Cellion cell phone App for the same basic controls will work with out the EasyTek as a streamer. Also I am a diehard BlackBerry user and from the reviews the Octicon Apps are still not up to speed with Android yet.

Thanks for your input

DenMc
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40