Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signia Cellion Primax

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KenP View Post
    I doubt DenMc has missed your flogging Octicon -- it appears everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    Well, I doubt I would miss your stalking me and making comments like this everywhere whenever I discuss the OPN with others. Wonder what you get out of making useless and non-constructive comments like this?
    I'll agree that KenP can't spell Oticon correctly, but stalker? No. You're the one who responds to nearly every thread on this forum and acts like a shill for Oticon Opn (not OPN). Taking marketing information straight out of Oticon's white papers and presenting it as fact when none of it has been validated by any independent research. That, plus touting Opn as superior to "traditional" hearing aids, as if Opn is some sort of messiah. Give me and everyone else here a break, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by DenMc View Post
    The only draw back I see with the Opticon OPN "for me"... and as minor as it may be... is the App for the cell phone control.
    From my understanding you Must use the Streamer when using the phone app to manage the basic controls, volume etc., where as the Cellion cell phone App for the same basic controls will work with out the EasyTek as a streamer. Also I am a diehard BlackBerry user and from the reviews the Octicon Apps are still not up to speed with Android yet.
    I used to own an Android Samsung Note 4 phone and the Oticon ON app for Android works directly to control the OPN without needing any streamer. There's no OPN streamer (except for the TV Adapter 3.0) anyway until the ConnectClip 3.0 comes out later on this year. I was able to change programs, change volume, and the IFTTT functions with the Android ON app to my OPN directly without any intermediate streamer. When the Connectclip 3.0 comes out later on this year, you then can do audio streaming between your Android phone and the OPN. But for now the Oticon ON app for Android can only do basic controls like volume and program change. To be honest, I have the ON app on my phone and I hardly ever use it at all. I just use the buttons on the OPN for program change and volume change, and that's really all I need.

I switched over to an iPhone after I got the OPN because I wanted to use the Made For iPhone direct streaming without needing an intermediary streamer anyway. But I still never touch the Oticon ON app on my iPhone either. It's just easier to reach up to the HAs' buttons than take out the phone, wake it up from standby, select the ON app, just to change program and volume. That's too much hassle for me.
    Last edited by Volusiano; 08-06-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

Quote Originally Posted by alesha View Post

I'll agree that KenP can't spell Oticon correctly, but stalker? No. You're the one who responds to nearly every thread on this forum and acts like a shill for Oticon Opn (not OPN). Taking marketing information straight out of Oticon's white papers and presenting it as fact when none of it has been validated by any independent research. That, plus touting Opn as superior to "traditional" hearing aids, as if Opn is some sort of messiah. Give me and everyone else here a break, ok?
    Well, I never need to ask anybody to give me a break and stop posting what they want to post. Last I checked it's a free country and I don't try to censure what everybody else want to post on the forum. If I don't like what I read, I just skip it and don't read it. But I wouldn't want to stick my nose into other people's discussions if I don't have anything constructive to add.

But of course you're free to add non-constructive posts here if you want. It's a free country anyway.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

Blog Entries

Thanks alesha. I guess he might see me as his stalker. I have made what I thought were mild comments about his exuberance. You just pointed out the problem more succinctly.

Volusiano, I know you love your aids. But why rain on someone's parade when they are talking about another aid that they like? Every aid has its admirers. What you fail to realize is that you are denigrating their choice and satisfaction. You just knocked a happy Signia trial saying he needs to try Oticon. Now Jake is a retired VA fitter that could walk in there tomorrow and get a set of Oticon. Yet, he's repeated said he thinks the Signia is perfect for him. Different strokes for different folks.

You seem a decent guy. If you'd quit hijacking threads, I think the forums would be better. I won't say this to you again, so you can cross me off your stalker list. The point has now been made.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

Well... I too am Guilty of miss spelling Oticon... - sorry -

Regarding the need of a streamer for the OPN Cell phone App, I was referring to the StreamerPro that is worn around the neck as pointed out in the App down load site: quote "The App works with the intermediate device Streamer Pro (with firmware 1.3A or later)" I took this as a requirement (?)

Regarding; "Are you sure the app for the Cellion will work with Blackberry?" So far I only know the App works on iPhones and Android and My BlackBerry shows as being compatible when I down loaded the App's...as BlackBerry supports Android Apps.

Yes, I will be trying the Apps out on my phone during my trial period... and it won't be a deal breaker if the Apps are not what I expect.

It's All about Quality of Hearing in the end and I believe there is not One Brand - or - One Hearing Aid made for Everyone JMHO

Thanks for the input everyone
    DenMc

6. Default

Stop it!

I think the OP (DenMc) got exactly what he needed out of this thread. Also, newbies don't often read everywhere. Sometimes redundancy is necessary.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

pvc...
    I started this thread so I might be able to post my experience with an audi that I lost faith in, but more importantly to log my personal experience as I continue with fitting and trial with the Signia Cellion primax 5px... as I could not find any up to date information here on the topic through search.

I hoped that I might possibly provide some valuable information to anyone else in the same circumstances as myself.

I apologize for bringing out any unnecessary postings in this thread.

I belong to other Forums that I have found to be of great value, just like this forum, when seeking information from other member's personal experiences
    I have learned to be subjective when reading any information on forums and disregard any postings that stray off topic.

Please inform me if I should continue or just let this thread die ?

Thank you
    DenMc

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DenMc View Post
    pvc...
    I started this thread so I might be able to post my experience with an audi that I lost faith in, but more importantly to log my personal experience as I continue with fitting and trial with the Signia Cellion primax 5px... as I could not find any up to date information here on the topic through search.

I hoped that I might possibly provide some valuable information to anyone else in the same circumstances as myself.

I apologize for bringing out any unnecessary postings in this thread.

I belong to other Forums that I have found to be of great value, just like this forum, when seeking information from other member's personal experiences
    I have learned to be subjective when reading any information on forums and disregard any postings that stray off topic.

Please inform me if I should continue or just let this thread die ?

Thank you
    DenMc
    You're doing fine DenMc. I was saying "Stop it" to the stalker posts comments. But with a Wink

Besides, the stalkers in this thread are minuscule compared to my stalker.
    Last edited by pvc; 08-06-2017 at 02:02 PM.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by KenP View Post
    Thanks alesha. I guess he might see me as his stalker. I have made what I thought were mild comments about his exuberance. You just pointed out the problem more succinctly.

Volusiano, I know you love your aids. But why rain on someone's parade when they are talking about another aid that they like? Every aid has its admirers. What you fail to realize is that you are denigrating their choice and satisfaction. You just knocked a happy Signia trial saying he needs to try Oticon. Now Jake is a retired VA fitter that could walk in there tomorrow and get a set of Oticon. Yet, he's repeated said he thinks the Signia is perfect for him. Different strokes for different folks.

You seem a decent guy. If you'd quit hijacking threads, I think the forums would be better. I won't say this to you again, so you can cross me off your stalker list. The point has now been made.
    KenP, I didn't rain on anybody's parade like you think. It was very simple, if you had read the OP's comment very closely, he said his new HIP (whom he likes a lot) sells mostly the OPN but is willing to get and fit him with the Cellion Primax even though he normally doesn't carry it. So I said "Oh? if your new HIP sells mostly the OPN, it might not hurt to try out the OPN, too, if you want."

How is that hijacking his thread? The OP brought up the fact that the OPN is sold a lot by his new HIP. If he never mentioned that his new HIP specializes in OPN, I would never have suggested trying out the OPN. Go back and read my other posts on this thread and you'll see that I never even mentioned the word OPN until the OP brought up this fact that his HIP sells a lot of OPN. I think you have a pre-conceived bias against me and jumped to conclusions here.

You said I denigrate the OP's choice and satisfaction and I just knocked a happy Signia trial. But the OP hasn't even begun the Signia trial yet, so how do you know that he'll be happy with it? He only said his brother was happy with it. He hasn't even chosen to buy the Signia yet. He only wanted to try it out so far. And I never said don't try out the Signia either. I only said "Hey, if your HIP sells a lot of OPN like you said, it may be worth trying it out, too."

All the other stuff Alesha said about

1. My responding to nearly every thread in this forum -> What's wrong with that? Am I not allowed? Is Alesha jealous that I do that?

2. Taking marketing information straight out of Oticon's white papers and presenting it as fact when none of it has been validated by any independent research -> this is within the context of a deeply technical OPN-specific discussion, on an Oticon thread to begin with. I was asked directly by a member to clarify a confusion he had. So I just explained it, but my explanation would be hard to understand without supporting details from the white paper. So I took out an excerpt from the white paper for further clarification. I believe I said clearly that it was an excerpt from the white paper, so how is that "presenting as fact"? If you take white papers with a grain of salt, then don't believe it and don't read it. But don't accuse somebody for "presenting it as fact" when that person simply and only said "this is from a white paper". It was intended for the member who asked me the question and not for everyone. But of course everyone is free to read it, or not read it. But don't say that my posting of an excerpt from a white paper(as part of my technical answer to a technical question) was in bad form.

Anyway, this is the last I will say on this topic in this thread as well. I thought the thread was going well until it turned sour from all the negativity...
    Last edited by Volusiano; 08-06-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Besides, the stalkers in this thread are minuscule compared to my stalker.
    Wow, pvc, no kidding! That was for real!

To KenP, I take back what I said about the stalking thing. It was in the heat of the moment. PVC opened my eyes to see what a real stalker is (his stalker).