Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Signia Cellion Primax

Regarding OPN Cell phone App: Yes, I believe you're correct that if using Android it would require an intermediate device. However, I don't think the Streamer Pro works with the OPN. As far as I know, Oticon does not yet have streaming capabilities for the OPN with Android phones. A device has been promised for about (over?) a year without it appearing.

From reading the forums and app reviews, apps can be kind of picky. Does your Blackberry have some kind of Android Version equivalence? I know the Signia apps want Android 4 or better.

Quote Originally Posted by DenMc View Post
    Well... I too am Guilty of miss spelling Oticon... - sorry -

Regarding the need of a streamer for the OPN Cell phone App, I was referring to the StreamerPro that is worn around the neck as pointed out in the App down load site: quote "The App works with the intermediate device Streamer Pro (with firmware 1.3A or later)" I took this as a requirement (?)

Regarding; "Are you sure the app for the Cellion will work with Blackberry?" So far I only know the App works on iPhones and Android and My BlackBerry shows as being compatible when I down loaded the App's...as BlackBerry supports Android Apps.

Yes, I will be trying the Apps out on my phone during my trial period... and it won't be a deal breaker if the Apps are not what I expect.

It's All about Quality of Hearing in the end and I believe there is not One Brand - or - One Hearing Aid made for Everyone JMHO

Thanks for the input everyone
    DenMc
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    Regarding OPN Cell phone App: Yes, I believe you're correct that if using Android it would require an intermediate device. However, I don't think the Streamer Pro works with the OPN. As far as I know, Oticon does not yet have streaming capabilities for the OPN with Android phones. A device has been promised for about (over?) a year without it appearing.

From reading the forums and app reviews, apps can be kind of picky. Does your Blackberry have some kind of Android Version equivalence? I know the Signia apps want Android 4 or better.
    With respect to the blue part above, the OPN ON app for cell phone (whether the iOS version or Android version, doesn't matter), does NOT require an intermediate device. All the controls on the OPN ON cell phone app works DIRECTLY with the OPN. HOWEVER, this is just for program control, volume control, and IFTTT stuff. It's not for streaming audio directly between the phone and the audio.

Streaming of audio is possible directly from the iPhone to the OPN right now.

Streaming of audio is not possible directly from Android phones yet. it is only possible INDIRECTLY from Android phones tthrough the ConnectClip 3.0 to the OPN. So the ConnectClip 3.0 is the intermediate device, but only for audio streaming, not necessary for program and volume controls and IFTTT. The Android Oticon ON app can already do this (program & volume control) directly to the OPN from an Android phone. BUT, the ConnectClip 3.0 was promised to be released at the end of Q1'17 originally, but is now delayed until "later 2017".

And MDB is correct that the Streamer Pro does not work with the OPN. Only the (to be released) ConnectClip 3.0 will work with the OPN (for Android phones and other regular BT devices).
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

Hot damn, a first class pissing party!!

Kenji are you two timing me? I'll miss you standing behind me every time I bend over! Getting lonely in the basement or are you off the wagon again?

Vol... Not a damn thing wrong with Signia aids! Sounds like his HIP is going to make sure he gets good aids for HIM. The Opn is a decent aid but it ain't not better or worse than other top brands. You're the only one on here that can write very long replies and say nothing but guessing or thinking or cheering Opn.

I'd be damn surprised if he isn't perfectly happy with the Signa aids.
    Last edited by Doc Jake; 08-06-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    Hot damn, a first class pissing party!!

Kenji are you two timing me? I'll miss you standing behind me every time I bend over! Getting lonely in the basement or are you off the wagon again?

Vol... Not a damn thing wrong with Signia aids! Sounds like his HIP is going to make sure he gets good aids for HIM. The Opn is a decent aid but it ain't not better or worse than other top brands. You're the only one on here that can write very long replies and say nothing but guessing or thinking or cheering Opn.

I'd be damn surprised if he isn't perfectly happy with the Signa aids.
    You sure missed the party, Doc Jake.

Doc, not a damn thing wrong with long replies either. Better long and thoughtful replies than short and useless replies. If I'm alone in writing long replies then I guess I'm alone. If you don't like reading long replies, feel free to skip!
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

Volusiano,
    Thanks for the clarification. Sounds similar to what Kirkland KS7, and some other Rexton and Signia aids with the Android app. Do you happen to know how the cell phone app communicates with the hearing aids. With the KS7, a series of high pitched beeps (about 12000k hz) is used to communicate commands to the hearing aids, but it's only one way communication. There is no communication from hearing aids back to the app. This is demonstrated in a couple of ways. 1) If you make changes to programs with the buttons on the hearing aids, it doesn't show up on the app and 2) When using the battery checker, the hearing aid needs to beep at you to communicate battery level. Curious if Oticon uses something similar or another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    With respect to the blue part above, the OPN ON app for cell phone (whether the iOS version or Android version, doesn't matter), does NOT require an intermediate device. All the controls on the OPN ON cell phone app works DIRECTLY with the OPN. HOWEVER, this is just for program control, volume control, and IFTTT stuff. It's not for streaming audio directly between the phone and the audio.

Streaming of audio is possible directly from the iPhone to the OPN right now.

Streaming of audio is not possible directly from Android phones yet. it is only possible INDIRECTLY from Android phones tthrough the ConnectClip 3.0 to the OPN. So the ConnectClip 3.0 is the intermediate device, but only for audio streaming, not necessary for program and volume controls and IFTTT. The Android Oticon ON app can already do this (program & volume control) directly to the OPN from an Android phone. BUT, the ConnectClip 3.0 was promised to be released at the end of Q1'17 originally, but is now delayed until "later 2017".

And MDB is correct that the Streamer Pro does not work with the OPN. Only the (to be released) ConnectClip 3.0 will work with the OPN (for Android phones and other regular BT devices).

Long replies are fine.. If they have substance and not just hot air.

You sure missed the party, Doc Jake.

Doc, not a damn thing wrong with long replies either. Better long and thoughtful replies than short and useless replies. If I'm alone in writing long replies then I guess I'm alone. If you don't like reading long replies, feel free to skip!

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    Volusiano,
    Thanks for the clarification. Sounds similar to what Kirkland KS7, and some other Rexton and Signia aids with the Android app. Do you happen to know how the cell phone app communicates with the hearing aids. With the KS7, a series of high pitched beeps (about 12000k hz) is used to communicate commands to the hearing aids, but it's only one way communication. There is no communication from hearing aids back to the app. This is demonstrated in a couple of ways. 1) If you make changes to programs with the buttons on the hearing aids, it doesn't show up on the app and 2) When using the battery checker, the hearing aid needs to beep at you to communicate battery level. Curious if Oticon uses something similar or another way.
    MDB, maybe we'll be accused of hijacking the thread by talking about OPN On phone app here on a Signia thread. So I just want to preface this first by saying that the OP (DenMC) kinda opened the door to this discussion by starting to state what he thought about the OPN needing an intermediate device, so we're just following that line of discussion here. But if the OP doesn't like it, DenMC, feel free to speak up and we'll take this discussion somewhere else.

Having said that, I know that the OPN does communicate back to the ON app so it's not one way. For example, if I change volume or program on the OPN buttons, their status reflects the change on the ON phone app as well.

I read somewhere that the current regular BT protocol many Android phones (and of course iOS phones as well) have does support a limited amount of BLE functionality, but primarily for short command controls communication, which should take very little energy anyway because the control commands take up a minuscule amount of data compared to the vast amount needed for audio data. So I don't think it's a high pitch beep one way communication like you described. The battery indicator on the ON app doesn't make the OPN beep either.

Interesting. Thanks. Oh, and I reread my post. Should have been 12Khz. What I had was crazy high!

MDB, maybe we'll be accused of hijacking the thread by talking about OPN On phone app here on a Signia thread. So I just want to preface this first by saying that the OP (DenMC) kinda opened the door to this discussion by starting to state what he thought about the OPN needing an intermediate device, so we're just following that line of discussion here. But if the OP doesn't like it, DenMC, feel free to speak up and we'll take this discussion somewhere else.

Having said that, I know that the OPN does communicate back to the ON app so it's not one way. For example, if I change volume or program on the OPN buttons, their status reflects the change on the ON phone app as well.

I read somewhere that the current regular BT protocol many Android phones (and of course iOS phones as well) have does support a limited amount of BLE functionality, but primarily for short command controls communication, which should take very little energy anyway because the control commands take up a minuscule amount of data compared to the vast amount needed for audio data. So I don't think it's a high pitch beep one way communication like you described. The battery indicator on the ON app doesn't make the OPN beep either.

Correct.... I (original poster) did open the discussion on Oticon and it's accessories.

I have no problem discussing related topics within this thread. i.e. "Signia and Oticon"

Thank you all for some Very informative information.

DenMc

UPDATE: Signia Cellion primax 5px

I was fitted only 5 days ago and I have been < smiling > ever since.

I am Very Happy with my Hearing Instrument Practitioner, he is very thorough and makes sure I am pleased.

My first impression was a little more bulk behind my ears, mostly due to the rechargeable feature, but now used to the feel.
    I noticed that I wasn’t registering any changes , volume wise or program changes , I went back the next day and due to my stupidity I didn’t have the HA inserted properly...duh !

Now everything is sounding very natural and all systems are working well.

When I return for a follow up I only have a few tweaks to get done , just minor adjustments.
    However, I am eager to try the Notch Therapy Signia has provided in the Connexx 8 software. I don’t have much confidence in listening to white noise etc. but after reading about ‘Notch Therapy’ it might have some benefit for my tinnitus in a long run.

The easyTek works great, especially for cell phone calls via bluetooth.
    There are two Apps for the Signia HA, one for the ‘easyTek’ and other ‘oneTouch’ to work directly with the HA .
    Note: the easyTek App is the only one you really need because it has a ‘stand alone’ setting when set to ’on’ the App continues to work except for the streaming feature as with the easyTek fob worn around the neck.

Also I had no problem using my BlackBerry Q10 with the Apps downloaded from Google Play.

I will post again in a few weeks time.

DenMc
    On Trial: Signia Cellion primax 5px with easyTek & apps on BB Q10
    04/08/2017
    KHz 0.25...0.5...1.0...1.50...2.0...3.0...4.0...6.0... 8.0
    Left ....20....30....30.....50.....55....60....70....70 ....55
    Right ..15....25....15.....--.....30.....50....55......45...20