Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phonak Audeo Direct

Default Phonak Audeo Direct

Looks like Phonak are starting to slowly release details of their new aids that will directly stream to either Android or Apple iOS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPga...ature=youtu.be

The video doesn't say very much, but I did see a video earlier today, which they subsequently removed from Youtube, claiming direct connectivity to all cellphones, and wireless transmission to TV.

2. Default

Thank you so much for the information!!!

Does anybody Know anything more about it? It sounds great!!!

This is a big step from phonak

Blog Entries

All cellphones just isn't in the cards. Android exacerbates that with many vendors never updating from earlier versions.

The phone will need a wifi/bt chip that can support the BT 5 LE release and with that a driver that supports it. Because Android is configurable by the manufacturers, there is no way to say whose new phone works or if they will support it in older devices.

As an example of the greed/differentiation, Samsung TV with BT will not work with the extra device we buy with our aids to use android. They connect to regular BT but won't work with their proprietary BT.

I think that is why they pulled the video.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by KenP View Post
    All cellphones just isn't in the cards. Android exacerbates that with many vendors never updating from earlier versions.

The phone will need a wifi/bt chip that can support the BT 5 LE release and with that a driver that supports it. Because Android is configurable by the manufacturers, there is no way to say whose new phone works or if they will support it in older devices.

As an example of the greed/differentiation, Samsung TV with BT will not work with the extra device we buy with our aids to use android. They connect to regular BT but won't work with their proprietary BT.

I think that is why they pulled the video.
    You are probably right Ken. This is a dubious claim.

Phonak are late to the party anyway.

Oticon OPN looks like a more attractive proposition at this point, but Phonak's custom range is strong.

Waiting for the next breakthrough in hearing in noise (Sigh..).

Quote Originally Posted by glucas View Post
    You are probably right Ken. This is a dubious claim.

Phonak are late to the party anyway.

Oticon OPN looks like a more attractive proposition at this point, but Phonak's custom range is strong.

Waiting for the next breakthrough in hearing in noise (Sigh..).
    Phonak are late to the party because they are trying to do the impossible and allow all mobile phones to directly connect to the HAs. Unless they build in lots of overlapping systems and capabilities they aren't going to achieve this and are just bogging themselves down. Eventually (10-20 years?) all surviving mobiles will have a standard Bluetooth compatible with HAs and Phonak could do this easily then but by then it will be way too late!
    Carol

Linx 961>Linx2 961> Phonak Audeo V90 312T L&R
    Hz 250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 5K 6K 8K
    L 25 25 15 35 40 40 60 60 55
    R 25 25 15 30 40 35 35 55 50
    Speech
    L 83% 40dB, 100% 50dB
    R 80% 40dB, 97% 50dB

Do not always look on the BLE, technology will always improving.
    Hz 250 500 750 100 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000
    Left 55 60 75 75 75 75 70 70 70
    Right 70 70 70 70 80 85 105 105

Phonakpro blog:
    We at Phonak understand the importance of connectivity and are listening to your needs and the needs of your clients too! These solutions are being worked on, and novel approaches are being explored. Most importantly we want to ensure that the benefits of Bluetooth are accessible for everyone regardless of the brand of cell phone. So keep an eye out for these technologies. Hearing is an important part of everyone’s life, and anything that can help make hearing easier and clearer is something to be desired.
    https://audiologyblog.phonakpro.com/...tivity-part-1/
    Hz 250 500 750 100 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000
    Left 55 60 75 75 75 75 70 70 70
    Right 70 70 70 70 80 85 105 105

Quote Originally Posted by menglxs View Post
    Phonakpro blog:
    We at Phonak understand the importance of connectivity and are listening to your needs and the needs of your clients too! These solutions are being worked on, and novel approaches are being explored. Most importantly we want to ensure that the benefits of Bluetooth are accessible for everyone regardless of the brand of cell phone. So keep an eye out for these technologies. Hearing is an important part of everyone’s life, and anything that can help make hearing easier and clearer is something to be desired.
    https://audiologyblog.phonakpro.com/...tivity-part-1/
    Meanwhile patients who do not want to use an intermediary device are excluded from connectivity by Phonak. Their stubborn policy will see me purchase a different brand next time I buy aids because Phonak will not meet my needs. Waiting until market share reduces to learn the lesson will be too late for Phonak.
    Carol

Speech
    L 83% 40dB, 100% 50dB
    R 80% 40dB, 97% 50dB

9. Default

Not long ago I linked to a interview with the main Bluetooth SIG guy where he said that they expected new ble audio profiles next year, but that ble for hearing aids was top of the priority list. To my uneducated mind this might mean universal connectivity between hearing aids and other devices within six months. Double that if you like but it's still better than 10-20 years. Apple seem very keen to lock people into their eco-system before this happens. Personally they'd have to drag me in kicking and screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Wooluf View Post
    Not long ago I linked to a interview with the main Bluetooth SIG guy where he said that they expected new ble audio profiles next year, but that ble for hearing aids was top of the priority list. To my uneducated mind this might mean universal connectivity between hearing aids and other devices within six months. Double that if you like but it's still better than 10-20 years. Apple seem very keen to lock people into their eco-system before this happens. Personally they'd have to drag me in kicking and screaming.
    1. I don't think anyone else would have bothered if Apple did not do it first.

2. Every hearing impaired person getting a new phone within 6-12 months is exceedingly optimistic. Phonak are wanting backwards compatibility. So when all those old phones wear out they will get what they want.
    Carol

Speech
    L 83% 40dB, 100% 50dB
    R 80% 40dB, 97% 50dB