Quote Originally Posted by Deaf piper View Post
My hearing has deteriorated badly over the last 10 months. Ive now got Bilateral profound high frequency hearing loss, my speech recognition is only 50%. I'm in The process of getting new HA's as I type this. Yesterday I saw a new Audio for an adjustment of a trial pair, as my usual one is on leave. This new audio told me not to waste my time or money on getting new aids. She went onto to say I fit the criteria perfectly for Hybrid Cochlear Implants. Gave me a referral told me to send it off. Whoa! I'm at a total loss hear, I can't find very much info on these Hybrid Cochlear Implants on the internet.

Does anyone on hear have a hybrid cochlear implant?
Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions please?
TIA
I'm scheduled to get a hybrid or EAS cochlear implant soon. You are right that there isn't a lot of information available online about them. If you are a Facebook member, there are several Hybrid CI groups you can join. I'm hoping that they will be able to save my residual hearing but I'm also hoping that I don't lose it later. I live in NC near a clinic that has done a lot of hybrids. The company they like to use is MedEl. Hope this is a little help to you.