Thread: ExCio

1. Default ExCio

Well, here's another one: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/e...ng-aid-combo#/

Interestingly they're not afraid to call it a hearing aid this time.

^^^ LOL! I hereby go on record saying I'll give them $10,000 seed money to go write a Bluetooth workaround compatible with Android devices. How many of us Samsung users are STILL without any kind of streaming device for the SIX GRAND we plunked down for a pair of aids? Hm. Perhaps I could sell these Oticon Opn miniRITE aids on Ebay for $20 and go buy me the ExCio doohickey?
    HAs from 1985>Starkey>Phonak>Epoq>AGXO ITE>Oticon Alta Pro ITE>Oticon Opn miniRITE

KHz 0.25...0.5...1.0...2.0...3.0...4.0....6.0...8.0

Left ..65....80....80....65.....65....60....65....90
    Right 65....80....80....75.....75....70....65....90

Blog Entries

Oticon bragged about everything being designed in house rather than using a design from a chip foundry. (No royalty) There are well designed BLE>BT parts available from multiple sources. But they can have a sturdy royalty. Apple is at war with their supplier over that. Of course quantity of units and gross profit of iphone vs aids is a dramatic cost difference.

Looks like the in-house design team there blew it. I did note from the annual report that they had move the development from their Switzerland location to Norway with a substantial reduction in force. It looks like they blew it. Worst case scenario: they never have an Android phone device.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

^^^^ That is exactly the scenario my aud-guy shared with me yesterday. After talking to Oticon tech support about this very issue (over and over again!), he has come to the conclusion that we Android users were a bit *mislead* shall we say with the hooey about a Q1 2017 release for streaming device.

Maybe Oticon's in-house design team should relocate ONE MORE time to Denmark. I've read for many years the Danes have a handle on hearing aid development. Norway is better known for skiis. But then again, Android-compatible skiis may be a workaround for a streaming device ... only IF there is significant snow and the desire to carry on phone conversations outdoors.

Yes. Theatre of the Absurd.
    HAs from 1985>Starkey>Phonak>Epoq>AGXO ITE>Oticon Alta Pro ITE>Oticon Opn miniRITE

KHz 0.25...0.5...1.0...2.0...3.0...4.0....6.0...8.0

Left ..65....80....80....65.....65....60....65....90
    Right 65....80....80....75.....75....70....65....90

Quote Originally Posted by KenP View Post
    I did note from the annual report that they had move the development from their Switzerland location to Norway with a substantial reduction in force.
    You need to read more carefully. Oticon is transferring R&D activities from Switzerland to Poland and Denmark, not Norway.

Blog Entries

OK, not that it changes what was happening.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare