Thread: Hearing Aids and Ear Muffs

1. Default Hearing Aids and Ear Muffs

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with wearing hearing aids along with ear muffs. The reason I ask is because I work on a construction site and as you know it's very very loud. Now I have a severe to profound hearing loss so obviously I need to protect my hearing as much as possible. Im sure you're asking well what are you doing on a construction site! Well it pays the bills and as a father and husband it's my duty! 😂

Now I wear a hard hat at work so obviously the ear muffs would need to click in. I also wear the Oticon OPN 2 so I would need the cup to be large enough to fit over my entire ear and aid. So if anyone has any useful information or any recommendation I would truly appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Antonio

I have done it with no problem... I wear my HA's with a am/fm radio that are built into ear muffs...with the radio off its just like normal ear muff hearing protection

I know there's some discussion on the site about some types of protection, but I'm not finding it right now. Hopefully you can manage without hearing aids on the job site and just concentrate on the hearing protection. Hopefully others will respond. Do you have an audiologist you can consult with who might have some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Matr1x23 View Post
    Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with wearing hearing aids along with ear muffs. The reason I ask is because I work on a construction site and as you know it's very very loud. Now I have a severe to profound hearing loss so obviously I need to protect my hearing as much as possible. Im sure you're asking well what are you doing on a construction site! Well it pays the bills and as a father and husband it's my duty! 

Now I wear a hard hat at work so obviously the ear muffs would need to click in. I also wear the Oticon OPN 2 so I would need the cup to be large enough to fit over my entire ear and aid. So if anyone has any useful information or any recommendation I would truly appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Antonio
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ureout View Post
    I have done it with no problem... I wear my HA's with a am/fm radio that are built into ear muffs...with the radio off its just like normal ear muff hearing protection
    Can I ask which ear muffs you have?