Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Resound 3D/Beltone Legends or Costco KS6 or Resound Cala

Personal opinion is dryer is not necessary. Open domes sound appropriate if you don't have much loss in lower frequencies. Trying TV program is a decent idea although it didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by busterbrown885 View Post
    I went to Costco tonight and tried the KS7 and Cala by walking around in the store. Certainly in 10 minutes trial of each HA its hard to tell, but I ordered the KS7. In 10 minutes I could not tell $900 more cost for the Cala in what I heard, but perhaps if I tried them longer maybe.. They will come with a Rexton/KS mini S, 2 receiver and an open dome. The gentleman suggested that I try the open dome, he felt that would work the best for me. Being new to the whole process, I have nothing to base an opinion on.

I asked about the devise for the TV, his comment was that the KS7 had a tv program and he thought I should try that first rather than spend the $350. I have been reading on the web that moisture is extremely hard on HA and the article suggested a dryer. Costco apparently has one for $40, is that a good accessory to have and if so, is Costco's the one to buy?

Thanks again for all your help.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Blog Entries

I use a $10 dryer from Amazon. The desiccant in renewable in a microwave or oven. There are electronic ones that need replacement desiccant. Many have a UV light to clean the aids. For those with frequent ear infections it is a help. For the rest, it is likely overkill.

It certainly is a good idea to use something. If only to have a consistent storage device at night. Those in humid climates or with sweaty lifestyles should consider it a necessity.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare