Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Hi Pro Communication Problem

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Is it starting to sound like there is a problem with the Hi Pro?

    Quote Originally Posted by kretsh View Post
    Rick,

    Sorry you are still have issues with your setup.

    I have used the iPFG 2.5 version on my Lenovo laptop with serial port located in the docking station successfully, along with upgrading the Naida firmware.

    -H
    Rick

    Hz...250.500..1K..2K..3K...4K..8K
    Right.25...30..40..60..85.110..NR
    Left...25...35..50..60..80.110..NR

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    423

    Default Thanks

    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone.

    The 9 pin serial cable was bad, verified with a volt/ohm meter. Bought a new one and found the Hi Pro needed updating. After that off to the races with programming the Phonak Savia aids.

    I plan to leave them alone for one week before making any changes. Is that long enough or should I wait longer? I still have all the tinnitus that I had before while wearing the aids. Is there something I could do with the aids to minimize tinnitus?

    Now that the Hi Pro is updated, I wonder if I can get it to work on my laptop using the USB connection?

    Thanks again to everyone.
    Rick
    Last edited by Raudrive; 10-30-2009 at 09:57 PM.
    Rick

    Hz...250.500..1K..2K..3K...4K..8K
    Right.25...30..40..60..85.110..NR
    Left...25...35..50..60..80.110..NR

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Wanted to pass on an update concerning the serial port Hi Pro usage on Windows Vista using a Belkin serial/USB adapter.

    Over the past month I have been unable to get this serial Hi Pro to work on my laptop with the Vista operating system. I have been able to do all my Phonak programming on my wife's PC that uses the Windows XP operating system.

    Over the last couple weeks I have been getting a bunch of Windows Vista updates. So, for the heck of it today I tried again to run the Hi Pro on my laptop tied to my Phonak Savia aids. It worked like a jewel.

    Passing on a little info for the DIY people.
    Rick

    Hz...250.500..1K..2K..3K...4K..8K
    Right.25...30..40..60..85.110..NR
    Left...25...35..50..60..80.110..NR

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raudrive View Post
    Wanted to pass on an update concerning the serial port Hi Pro usage on Windows Vista using a Belkin serial/USB adapter.

    Over the past month I have been unable to get this serial Hi Pro to work on my laptop with the Vista operating system. I have been able to do all my Phonak programming on my wife's PC that uses the Windows XP operating system.

    Over the last couple weeks I have been getting a bunch of Windows Vista updates. So, for the heck of it today I tried again to run the Hi Pro on my laptop tied to my Phonak Savia aids. It worked like a jewel.

    Passing on a little info for the DIY people.
    please send a link of the belkin adapter, i need to upgrade my pc

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xbulder View Post
    please send a link of the belkin adapter, i need to upgrade my pc
    The funny thing about this adapter working properly now is I deleted all Belkin drivers from my laptop a few weeks ago when it would not work. I just did a search on my PC for Belkin and could not find anything???

    I remember one of the Vista updates was a group of drivers. I suspect Vista recognizes the port parameters of the Hi Pro now. Vista had no problems recognizing all three of USB/serial adapters I tried a few weeks ago. It was just the Hi Pro it did not recognize.

    If you are up to date with all your Windows updates I have a feeling you may good to go on the serial/USB adapter with Hi Pro.
    Rick

    Hz...250.500..1K..2K..3K...4K..8K
    Right.25...30..40..60..85.110..NR
    Left...25...35..50..60..80.110..NR

  6. Default

    I just got a Serial HiPro. And i have the IOGEAR usb adapter on my XPsp3 notebook.
    Could someone please provide me with the handshake settings of they are using successfully with the HiPro.
    Bits pers second: 9600 ?
    Data bits: 8 ?
    Parity None : ?
    Stop bits: 1
    Flow Control : None

    Not sure if the FIFO buffers in advanced Com settings apply here ?



    I just joined and look forward to a sharing and growing with a great group here.


    Not sure if i should have started a new post, but it seems like it is exactly on topic here.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Adirondacks Mtns, New York
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Does anyone know the correct settings to the question posted above? ^^
    250hz L-40 R-50
    500hz L-40 R-50
    750hz L-40 R-50
    1000hz L-40 R-50
    1500hz L-50 R-60
    2000hz L-65 R-70
    3000hz L-65 R-70
    4000hz L-60 R-70
    6000hz L-60 R-70
    8000hz L-55 R-65
    AC AC
    SRT L-50 R-50
    WRS1 L-70 R-85
    SCORE L-80R-68 OVERALL 88
    UCL L-105 R-105
    Phonak Audeo Smart V

  8. Default

    Hi,
    I have similar problems with a USB HiPro . I have windows vista momentarily and want to change to windows 7.
    My Hipro CD has no drivers for win7 or vista?
    The HiPro doesn't flash, when I connect the cables to the hearing aids with Phonak softwares like yours. I live in Germany , my English is not so good. If you were successful in the meantime, I would be glad for any further hint to solve my problem!
    Thanks
    Wilfried (w.brueck@web.de)
    Last edited by wifitz; 03-19-2010 at 01:52 PM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wifitz View Post
    Hi,
    I have similar problems with a USB HiPro . I have windows vista momentarily and want to change to windows 7.
    My Hipro CD has no drivers for win7 or vista?
    The HiPro doesn't flash, when I connect the cables to the hearing aids with Phonak softwares like yours. I live in Germany , my English is not so good. If you were successful in the meantime, I would be glad for any further hint to solve my problem!
    Thanks
    Wilfried (w.brueck@web.de)
    I ran a USB Hi Pro on Windows Vista 32 bit operating system. The CD that came with the Hi Pro worked fine. You might try going to GN Otometrics and finding their USB Hi Pro download and giving that a try. Which iPFG program are you running? The 2.5a is the latest. Did you run the Hi Pro configuration under the Phonak tools? It can be found in the Windows "Start" under "All Programs" then "Phonak".

    Good luck
    Rick

    Hz...250.500..1K..2K..3K...4K..8K
    Right.25...30..40..60..85.110..NR
    Left...25...35..50..60..80.110..NR

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wifitz View Post
    Hi,
    I have similar problems with a USB HiPro . I have windows vista momentarily and want to change to windows 7.
    My Hipro CD has no drivers for win7 or vista?
    The HiPro doesn't flash, when I connect the cables to the hearing aids with Phonak softwares like yours. I live in Germany , my English is not so good. If you were successful in the meantime, I would be glad for any further hint to solve my problem!
    Thanks
    Wilfried (w.brueck@web.de)
    I have a USB HiPro I am using with Win7 64bit and recently it stopped working in iPFG 2.5a. This happened after I installed the fitting software from another hearing aid manufacture. The problem was that the HiPro was moved to com port 6, I moved it back to com 4 and removed the other fitting software. Now, everything works fine. Hope this helps and, by the way, your English is excellent.
    HZ --250- -500- -1k- -2k- --3k- -4k- -6k- -8k
    Left--30----40---60---60---55---65--70---80
    Right-20----25---45---50---60---60--70---85

    Ambra microM & back up set Naida SP IX + iCom &TVLink & MyPilot

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •